Sun, 20 Feb|
Journal Making with Ribboned Japanese Binding
Come along armed with everything you need to make your very own journal and learn to bind the Japanese way!
Time & Location
20 Feb 2022, 14:00 – 15:30
About the event
Join us this February to make a fun and creative journal for writing, drawing and journaling! This event is suitable for anyone aged 5-99, but younger children may need some support with the binding.
Debbie is here to help you put together your jourmal, giving you ideas for decoration, and then showing you how to bind your book with an easy version of Japanese 4-hole Stab Binding (don't worry, no stabbing required!).
You will need the following for this event:
- a cereal box, or the equivalent strength of card (not too stiff).
- some old wrapping paper, or equivalent
- some paper. This can be coloured, patterned, textured, whatever you like to go inside your book.
- fabric scraps, card and any other bits you would like to use to decorate your cover.
- craft glue
- hole punch
- 2m ribbon
- an embroidery needle, or child's blunt needle with large eye to fit ribbon through.
This is a fun, relaxed session, where you can work at your own pace.
Debbie is qualified teacher with full DBS.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for more information at email@example.com